Company: Hodgdon Powder Co.
Work Location: Shawnee, KS
Reports to: Vice President of Sales & Marketing
Responsible for the sales process at Hodgdon Powder Company within the assigned territory, including customer development, customer support, customer training, distributor sales, direct sales and support, OEM sales, order fulfillment, product allocation and customer service for all HPC brands.
- Responsible for providing input into the creation of the Annual Sales Plan and executing this plan to meet monthly, quarterly and annual targets (sales, gross margin and profit).
- Partner with Product and Sales teams to develop the annual Sales Forecast and Sales Budget (revenue and expenses).
- Meet monthly/quarterly/annual sales targets by developing and maintaining customer relationships, making regular sales calls and asking for the order.
Provide input on compelling sales programs and promotions (where needed) to drive sales of HPC products.
- Attend trade shows and shooting events, serving as the main point of contact for assigned customers.
- Train customer sales staff on product lines, new products, and hazardous shipping regulations.
- Work with customer buyer and accounts payable staff to resolve customer issues.
- Develop processes to meet special customer requirements within the scope of Hodgdon manufacturing capabilities.
- Grow HPC’s book of business by developing current customers and adding new prospective customers.
- Utilize go-to-market strategies that provide Hodgdon’s products to consumers where consumers prefer to buy the products. Coordinate Co-op advertising, allowances, and special promotions.
- Be a resource to the Marketing team, ensuring sales objectives are supported with promotional materials, PR activities, shooting promotions, free goods, advertising, and company communications – including reload data – by print and electronic media.
- Monitor and communicate information to Management, including competitive information, new products, promotions, pricing, and programs. Utilize your sales contacts watching for market shifts and competitor activity that may impact Hodgdon market share.
- 10 years consumer product sales experience
- Up to 50% travel, including customer visits, working trade shows, in-store
- promotions, and shooting events
- Location is negotiable
- Up-to-date driver’s license
- Microsoft Office experience
- Sporting Goods industry sales experience preferred
- Big-Box sales experience a plus
- Reloading and muzzleloader shooting experience a plus
- Technical knowledge in ballistics and ammunition systems a plus
- Knowledge of ERP systems a plus
To apply, please send a resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.