Company: Hodgdon Powder Co., Inc.
Work Location: Herington, KS
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
The project coordinator will assist the Maintenance Manager with the coordination of resources, equipment, meetings and information with the goal of completing projects on-time and within budget. The successful candidate is expected to be a self-starter, a good manager of time, able to work independently, perform tasks safely within a hazardous class environment and follow Hodgdon’s standards for safety and conduct.
- Monitor and communicate information to Management.
- Maintain high safety standards while performing duties within a hazardous class environment.
- Attend or lead meetings to discuss project details or concerns associated with the tasks.
- Purchasing and inventory of maintenance parts and supplies.
- Able to compile a bill of materials, appropriate vendors, estimated costs and delivery of project completion timelines.
- Able to repair, build, and evaluate the necessary fabrication of all equipment.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Insure manuals, drawings, prints, and facilities maintenance instructions are completed or updated on repairs and new projects.
- Fabrication skills, ability to cut and weld a variety of metals, including carbon steel, stainless steel, Aluminum.
- Ensure all job functions are performed in accordance with manufacturing specifications, manuals, safety compliant and production procedures.
- Perform peer-to-peer inspections on work performed by other maintenance technicians.
- Insure all documents, SOP’s, work orders, parameters and new equipment check lists are completed accurately and in a timely manner
- Perform light landscaping and groundskeeping work as needed
- Communicate to the appropriate personnel, any problem, idea, or solution which pertains to the Maintenance Department and/or its interaction with other departments.
- Perform administrative computer tasks as needed (Microsoft Office)
- Must be willing to work overtime.
- Safety Minded
- Ethical Conduct
- Communication Proficiency
- Results Driven
- Able to complete projects on budget
- Strong critical thinking and creative skills
- Detail oriented
- Thorough working knowledge of facility equipment, their usage, and safety procedures
- Time management
- Coordination of short and long-term maintenance projects
- Successful candidate would be expected to grow their skill set and undertake a supervisory/management role if needed.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma/GED
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Experience in electrical, Fabrication and industrial maintenance for hazardous locations.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Full-time position, 40 hr. workweek with overtime as needed.
- Limited travel is expected for this position.
Required Security Clearance:
- ATF/DOT, State Fire Marshal and Department of Homeland Security
- This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply, please send a resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Company: Hodgdon Powder Co.
Work Location: Shawnee, KS
Reports to: Vice President of Sales & Marketing
Responsible for the sales process at Hodgdon Powder Company within the assigned territory, including customer development, customer support, customer training, distributor sales, direct sales and support, OEM sales, order fulfillment, product allocation and customer service for all HPC brands.
- Responsible for providing input into the creation of the Annual Sales Plan and executing this plan to meet monthly, quarterly and annual targets (sales, gross margin and profit).
- Partner with Product and Sales teams to develop the annual Sales Forecast and Sales Budget (revenue and expenses).
- Meet monthly/quarterly/annual sales targets by developing and maintaining customer relationships, making regular sales calls and asking for the order.
Provide input on compelling sales programs and promotions (where needed) to drive sales of HPC products.
- Attend trade shows and shooting events, serving as the main point of contact for assigned customers.
- Train customer sales staff on product lines, new products, and hazardous shipping regulations.
- Work with customer buyer and accounts payable staff to resolve customer issues.
- Develop processes to meet special customer requirements within the scope of Hodgdon manufacturing capabilities.
- Grow HPC’s book of business by developing current customers and adding new prospective customers.
- Utilize go-to-market strategies that provide Hodgdon’s products to consumers where consumers prefer to buy the products. Coordinate Co-op advertising, allowances, and special promotions.
- Be a resource to the Marketing team, ensuring sales objectives are supported with promotional materials, PR activities, shooting promotions, free goods, advertising, and company communications – including reload data – by print and electronic media.
- Monitor and communicate information to Management, including competitive information, new products, promotions, pricing, and programs. Utilize your sales contacts watching for market shifts and competitor activity that may impact Hodgdon market share.
- 10 years consumer product sales experience
- Up to 50% travel, including customer visits, working trade shows, in-store
- promotions, and shooting events
- Location is negotiable
- Up-to-date driver’s license
- Microsoft Office experience
- Sporting Goods industry sales experience preferred
- Big-Box sales experience a plus
- Reloading and muzzleloader shooting experience a plus
- Technical knowledge in ballistics and ammunition systems a plus
- Knowledge of ERP systems a plus
To apply, please send a resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.