Company: Hodgdon Powder Co., Inc.
Work Location: Herington, KS
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
Under the direct supervision of the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Technician will be responsible for the maintenance, inspection and repair of facilities and general infrastructure. Including, but not limited to: buildings, grounds, machinery and vehicles. The successful candidate is expected to be a self-starter, a good manager of time, able to work independently, perform tasks safely within a hazardous class environment and follow Hodgdon’s standards for safety and conduct.
- Monitor and communicate information to Management.
- Maintain high safety standards while performing duties within a hazardous class environment.
- Attend meetings to discuss project details or concerns associated with the tasks.
- Able to repair, build, and evaluate the necessary fabrication of all equipment.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Ensure manuals, drawings, prints, and facilities maintenance instructions are completed or updated on repairs and new projects.
- Fabrication skills, ability to cut and weld a variety of metals, including carbon steel, stainless steel, Aluminum.
- Ensure all job functions are performed in accordance with manufacturing specifications, manuals, safety compliant and production procedures.
- Perform peer-to-peer inspections on work performed by other maintenance technicians.
- Ensure all documents, SOP’s, work orders, parameters and new equipment checklists are completed accurately and promptly.
- Perform light landscaping and groundskeeping work as needed
- Communicate to the appropriate personnel, any problem, idea, or solution which pertains to the Maintenance Department and/or its interaction with other departments.
- Perform administrative computer tasks as needed (Microsoft Office)
- Must be willing to work overtime.
- Safety Minded
- Ethical Conduct
- Communication Proficiency
- Results Driven
- Able to complete projects on budget
- Strong critical thinking and creative skills
- Detail oriented
- Thorough working knowledge of facility equipment, their usage, and safety procedures
- Time management
- Coordination of short and long-term maintenance projects
Successful candidate would be expected to grow their skill set and undertake a supervisory/management role if needed.
Required Education and Experience:
High school diploma/GED
Preferred Education and Experience:
Experience in industrial maintenance for hazardous locations including, but not limited to, electrical, pneumatic, mechanical, troubleshooting, PLC and fabrication.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Full-time position, 40 hr. workweek with overtime as needed.
Limited travel is expected for this position.
Required Security Clearance:
ATF/DOT, State Fire Marshal and Department of Homeland Security
This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply, please send a resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.